Melbourne Foodie Culture
- Duração: 4 Horas (Aproximadamente)
- Localização: Melbourne, VIC
- Código de produto: FTMFC
Melbourne is one of the most multicultural cities in the world, experiencing many waves of migration from all over the globe. The diversity of our communities has contributed to an ever-evolving melting pot of history, food and culture.
Victorians come from more than 200 countries, speak 260 languages and dialects and follow 135 religious faiths. We begin our trail at the Immigration Museum. Hear the stories of arrivals from all over the world, their challenges, their triumphs and their food.
This 4-hour walking tour through the streets of Melbourne will introduce you to some of the many layers of local favourite foods, architecture, and stories of the city.
Included in your tour is:
- A visit and introduction to the Immigration Museum, including access to special exhibitions
- A progressive tasting through 5 stops of the Melbourne Foodie Culture Tour including stories around the history behind the foods and flavours of the shops
- A wander through local spice shops to learn about the spices and ingredients from the different regions
Tour starting point: Immigration Museum - Discovery Centre
Tour starts: 10.30AM
Tour concludes: 2.30pm
Things to keep in mind:
This is a walking tour; The walk from the various venues is about 30-40 minutes in total with breaks at each stop, the longest walk no more than 15 minutes. We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes. It is not fast-paced and comfortable for most people.
Tours are run 3 times a week
This is Melbourne, so rain, hail or shine, we will be walking the streets in almost every weather condition so please come prepared.
Vegan options are available please let us know at the time of booking